Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day 2: Contracts

POP QUIZ!

  • I contract with you to trade lives until July 25th, 2007 at 4:30pm EDT, does the UCC or Common Law Apply?
  • Susan signs a suicide note offering to sell her soul to the devil for $1,000,000. The offer promises to stay open to the devil for two months, until after the bar exam. After a week, Susan receives her spring grades and realizes she has failed a class and not graduated law school. The same day, Susan drops out of bar classes and moves to Fiji. Living the life of a movie star on the beach, Susan wants to tell the devil to fuck off. Can she?
  • I order Barney's "Let's Play School" DVD from Marcus. Marcus sends me Barney's "Rhyme Time Rhythm" DVD. Is there a contract? Is there a breach of Contract?
  • Sam drugs me up on morphine and gets me to sign a contract to sell my life-sized Ewok stuffed animal collection to him for 50 cents. A week later, I find the contract and freak out that I'll be losing my most prized possession. Can Sam enforce the agreement?
Day Two was surprisingly better than Day One. The lecturer was actually humorous with his jokes and I only peed my pants once. Note: Future bar takers, be sure to pack at least one extra pair of pants and underwear in your day kit, along with 5 black pens, 5 blue pens, 2 red pens, 1 blue pen, 1 green pen, 1 purple pen, 5 yellow highlighters, 2 pink highlighters, 2 orange highlighters, 2 blue highlighters, 10 #2 pencils, pencil sharpener, ear plugs, calculator watch (two in one, baby!), tissue, a ruler, a protractor, passport, roll of lifesavers (gotta watch the blood sugar), bottle of water, neck pillow, toilet paper (you never know), insect repellent (must eliminate ALL distractions), duct tape (a must for every day life), and corkscrew (to immediately open the wine you'll need to knock yourself out after studying).

Other than a couple mentions of Sharon Stone, and the phrases "they ain't makin' jews like jesus anymore" and "we already done did that," a fairly uneventful day.

No comments: