Thursday, May 31, 2007

Study Break

Oh my gosh. I had no clue how much this would suck. I've been procrastinating on the whole "studying" part of things. I go to the classes, and I kinda skimmed some stuff (most of you know how me and reading go together - much like toothpaste and sesame chicken). Today, after an extended lunch with the ladies, I decided - I'd put my foot down, and read over what we did today.

For starters, that was well over 5 hours ago. First, I decided that I needed to tab my book, for easy access to the reading materials. Of course that needed to be color coded, but I was already home and didn't feel like going back out to the store for tabbies. After I let my creative outlet flow for a while, I knew the reading was imminent. I made it through about 5 pages (yes, the five pages of classroom material that skips lots of lines where, if you had been awake during class, you could've filled in comments and explanations... or even just the answers). After hitting the bottom of the fifth page, I couldn't take it anymore. I started to wonder when any of these situations had ever arisen, and why our legal system had formed the way it had. I may have joined the other 99% of the population in realizing why attorneys are so horrible.

So much for "studying" - I think I'll stick with the whole trying to attend class thing and keep my eyes open.

Speaking of class, another incident worth mentioning. Today, a kid brought in a full McDonald's breakfast. We're talking hotcakes, sausage - the works. It just struck me as funny. I think this is going to be a bonding experience for sure. Speaking of which, in the ladies room - one stall has just a curtain for a door. We eat together, sleep together, cry together, and our lines of privacy are starting to blur - on day 3.

1 comment:

Pam said...

HAHAHA! The curtain "door" reminds me of freshman year... nothing like being stared at by hallmates while you try to suds up your hair.