Monday, June 18, 2007

Tortious Conduct

Torts... I don't remember a thing about torts except that the language was memorable:

  • "respondeat superior"
  • "attractive nuisance"
  • "res ipsa loquitur"
  • "volenti non fit injuria"
The list goes on - but don't ask me what they mean. It was in this attitude that I started today's lecture. I didn't want to like it - and I knew it was one of the big six. The lecture started, and the man was soooooooooooo sloooooooooow and it seemed like we were covering crim law over again. But despite my attitude, the lecturer got me... I like him! He made me laugh harder than any of the other lecturers with his (overly) descriptive hypos complete with voices like I remember from the story times of my childhood.

Regardless - it was exhausting, and after two hours at the library... I'm back at home for a break. I stepped on the scale last night, and after I came to, I decided there was another task to tackle this summer. So I got a pass to the gym. This definitely won't be a summer where I have time to be bored.

7 comments:

Pam said...

I should have made you take Latin with me in college...

Remember that picture of me in that hideous yellow and pink shirt, matching my yellow and pink Latin homework papers?

Liney said...

I do remember the photo... and did you know I took Latin in high school before German?

Pam said...

Yes, because you're almost as nerdy as me!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

on't let Pam send you cookies if you want ANY chance of that gym membership helping!! I ate like 2 dozen cookies in 3 days! :-)

Liney said...

Mmmm... thanks for the warning! I'll have to share with all the other examinees!

Pam said...

That's weird... I didn't think I even sent you 2 dozen cookies! ;)